Monday, June 7, 2010

Graduation

Now how 'bout them apples?

This Sunday I got to do the whole graduation ceremony. And, as I've ranted to everyone I know, it was magical. I actually really really wanted to participate in this and I was glad that I got the chance to do so. I really got the feeling of validation and finality when I got the silly salmon pink hood. Who cares about the diploma?! I really just wanted Dr. Assefaw to put that hood on for me and give me a big Eritrean hug. Done, and done. Thank you very much.


In the top row from left to right are my Stats professor, our department head (Dr. Assefaw), then me and my community health econ professor, in the middle row second from left is my favorite lady, Ms. Gayle, who taught program eval, and bottom row first on the left is my adviser and maternal and child health professor Dr. Bazzano.

1 comment:

  1. I have Darin Li's voice ringing in my ear saying "the hoodie" Is she wearing the hoodie???

    ReplyDelete