Well, a year has gone by since I left for Ethiopia. It all seems like a bit of a dream.Did I really actually go to Africa?! That sounds too crazy to be real!
Since I've been back quite a few things have been accomplished with my Addis projects. First, I finished my Master's degree. Yes, I am now, officially a Master of Public Health. Who would have known, right? I presented my thesis in October, and am currently waiting for my diploma to come in the mail. Yay!
In April, I got a chance to go the 19th Annual Global Health Education Consortium conference eon global health, as I've mentioned in my previous post. That trip was Ah-Maze-Ing! I loved Mexico sooo much, and I hope that I will get a chance to go back one of these days. MY presentation went really well. I made a connection between the NARC and a doctor from Wisconsin who will be working at the Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa. It was great to have someone be excited about my work and interested in continuing it in the future.

Lastly, I got to go visit my Canadian friends I made in Ethiopia over this weekend. Vancouver was rainy and dreary, but who cares? I got to spend a wonderful 4 days with teh funniest and most lovable kiddo and his amazing parents. We went on a hike, we had some delicious food and jumped in the puddles. There was birthday cake, there was good Ethiopian food and also a lot of TLC shows (we discovered a mutual love for "Hoarders" and "Say Yes to the Dress"). It was an all around amazingly beautiful trip.

Until next time!

That last picture of you with your canadians is really cute
ReplyDelete